What we are never changes but who we are never stops changing.
Gil Grissom, CSI

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

And it starts...

Here's the first posting to Hitting Your Genealogical Stride.
I'll try to cover different sources and ways to help one learn more about our favorite pastime – genealogy!
So let’s learn how to find our family.

Our journey to discover our family roots is unique to us. It doesn’t matter if your cousin is also searching. They will have different relatives, methods, and reasons for their search!

Start by looking for those long forgotten family treasures! Sometimes, they are as close as the picture on the wall. At other times, they are stored in old box or trunk in the attic or basement. Your finds will uncover a wide variety of clues to help you learn about your family. Recently, I spent time going through some of my mother’s and uncle’s family photos. It was great! I saw my grandmothers as well as my great grandmother. Often, we over look these very valuable links to our past.

1 comment:

  1. I found my Grandfather's service ribbons in a box of my Dad's when I was a kid. He explained to me what each of them meant, which made my Grandfather's service more relevant to me. I know artifacts are a great teaching tool.

    ReplyDelete